Talking of the health benefits of easily available food products at home, a few very popular ones are kala chana and makhana.
Popular as a fasting food, health benefits of makhana are superior to those of dry fruits such as almonds and walnuts.
Some of the health benefits of makhana are: it’s a good source of protein, carbohydrates, fibre, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron and zinc.
High in fiber and low in calories, it enables weight loss.
Coming to the second ingredient kala chana, also known as the dark chickpea, it is a savory bean popular in India and very similar to the yellow chickpeas at your grocery store.
Like other beans, kala chana is full of protein, fiber and iron, and makes a healthy and colourful addition to any meal.
Looking into the present nutrition need instead of going for supplements, let’s try making some of the healthy recipes at home like Chane ke Laddoo.
500 gm roasted grams
50 gm makhana
250 gm ghee
250 gm sugar
100 gm gond (tragacanth gum)
100 gm almond
100 gm of cashew nuts
50 gm raisins
1. First of all grind the roasted gram into a fine powder and similarly grind almond and cashew nuts also.
2. Now heat the ghee in a deep pan, add gond (tragacanth gum) to it and let it fry. Once it’s fried take it out and grind it into a fine powder once its comes to room temperature
3. In a similar way, add 2 tablespoons of ghee in a separate pan and fry the makhana, take it out when it cools down to the room temperature and then grind them too.
4. In the remaining ghee in the first used deep pan, first add the kala chana powder and mix it well, let it cook for about 5 minutes and then to it add sugar as per your taste and mix well.
5. Now to this mixture add the powdered almonds, cashews, gond, makhana and raisins. Mix it well and allow it to cool.
6 Now put a little ghee on the centre of your palm and use this mixture to prepare round laddoo. You may garnish them with an almond on the top.